QuickBooks has set itself as a market leader in the domain of financial managers. It has been widely acknowledged as the most smooth performing and hassle-free tool in the genre. It has an excellent UI, coupled with smooth functioning, and a robust grievance redressal mechanism in the form of QuickBooks Support.
However, like all software, QuickBooks is also created on a base of codes, and it is no surprise that there are a few errors that slip through its crevices. One example is the payroll errors in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Payroll Software is one of the most interesting and acknowledged features of the application. The application is excellent to use for small and medium-sized businesses, and with payroll services, it makes it convenient for the employer to pay the employees without any hassle. On the downside, some users may encounter issues while updating the payroll or downloading the same.
The QuickBooks Payroll Error majorly includes errors of the PS series of errors and the 15XXXX series of errors. A list would be:
Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error
- An active program window crashes suddenly;
- While running the system,, sometimes it crashes with this error;
- Windows starts functioning slowly;
- Sometimes the computer freezes for some time;
- The error message pops up while installing
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Payroll Errors
- The CPS folder in which the file is present is damaged or the files got corrupted;
- This issue can arise if the name of the CPS folder is not correct;
- There is the possibility that the payroll subscription on the system is not activated;
- The Employee identification number is incorrect or invalid.
- Incorrect entry of the PSID number that you are using;
- If multiple payrolls are active on the system, this issue can arise;
- Use of an outdated version
Also Read: QuickBooks File Doctor
Resolving the Payroll Errors in QuickBooks
Solution 1: Update Payroll Tax Table
- To proceed with this method to solve QuickBooks Payroll Errors, you need to first open Quickbooks on the system.
- Hover your cursor to the Employee’s tab then choose the option to get payroll updates;
- In the next window, check the option to download a complete payroll update on the system;
- You will then receive the completion message on your screen.
Solution 2: Change Name of CPS Folder
- To start with the process, you need to open the path: “C:\ Program Files\ Intuit\ Quickbooks 20Xx\ Components\ Payroll\ CPS”;
- When you find this, you will need to right-click on the CPS folder and then from the pop-up menu, choose the rename option;
- The next, step is to change the name of CPSOLD and then save the changes;
- You will now have to update the payroll again on the system.
Method 3: Turning Off UAC Settings
- Open Run by using the Windows + R keys;
- After this you need to type the Control Panel in the Run window;
- Now, in the control panel, choose the option for the User accounts tab and then choose User accounts;
- Once done, click the option to change User account control settings;
- After this move the slider to the Never notify option and then click on the option to disable UAC;
- Save the settings with the OK button and then proceed to update the payroll.
Method 4: Rebuild and Verify Data
- Launch the Quickbooks application on the system, and then you will then have to hover to File and then choose the Utility option;
- Under this, you will need to select the Rebuild;
- When you do this, you’ll find a warning message on the screen and then you will have to click the Ok button, after this the backup of the file will be created;
- You will then have to save the file on your computer;
- Then you have to hit the enter key and then click on the Ok button. After this wait for a few seconds and then choose OK.
- After this, it will reflect that the rebuild data is complete, do remember to verify to ensure that all the remaining data is correct;
- Now go to the File tab and then choose the Utility option;
- Choose the option to verify your data, and in case no error is found, you will have to proceed with restoring the Backup;
- The next step is to click on the File option and then choose to restore the backup. Keep in mind that it should not overwrite the file.
In this blog, we have provided you with a list of QuickBooks Payroll update errors & the issue of the QuickBooks Payroll update not working. We have also provided you with different ways to fix the QuickBooks Payroll Errors. Follow the steps carefully to ensure that you keep your data intact during the process of troubleshooting. Get in touch with QuickBooks Support if anything seems to be a tad-bit complex.